Click the links for access to the texts (the numbers refer to the numbers in the Bibliography)
In Sweden there are more than 350,000 diagnosed diabetics and around the world more than 250 million people are believed to suffer from type 2 diabetes (The numbers are rapidly growing).
Text nr 4, on Diabetes may be more readily available for persons without medical education.
5. Bergengren, H. and Hägg, Erik: “Effects of Dietary Inorganic Phosphate on the Course of Alloxan Diabetes in Rats. Abstract and lecture at Skand. Society for Diabetes Research 10th Annual Meeting, May 1974, Helsinki. Summary publ. in Diabetologia 1974th Acta Endocronol. 77:1974 5.1 Abstract, 5:2 Föredrag Lectures
6. Bergengren, H.: Significance of Phosphate Deficiency in Man. Abstract. 2nd International Workshop on Phosphate, Heidelberg, June 1976.
- Bergengren, Harald: Effects of P-depletion in Diabetes Mellitus. 7th International Workshop on Phosphate and Other Minerals. Marseille, September 1985 (posthumously). Abstract.
- Bergengren, Harald: 13. Has the Time Come to Bridge the Gap Between Basic and Clinical Research in the Field of Diabetes? Presentation at Bo Hellman Symp. Uppsala 1981st Publ in Uppsala Journal of Medical Science, 86: 209-23, 1981 .
The articles below are in Swedish and can be read on the Swedish website (www.fosfat.se ) where they can be translated with Google translation service. They have not yet been translated into English and are therefore not published on this English website.
- Bergengren, Harald: Phosphorus deficiency in humans? A comment 13 years later. 3. Fosforbrist hos Människa? En kommentar 13 år senare. Sw. Medical Journal 73, 2426-2427, 1976
- Bergengren, Harald: Phosphorus deficiency in livestock and phosphorus deficiency in humans. The Same Challenge but Different Response Models. 4. Fosforbrist hos Husdjur och Fosforbrist hos Människa. Samma Utmaning men Olika Svarsmodeller.Sw. Medical Journal 80/19: 2017-2019, 1983.